Anxiety, panic attacks due to iron deficiency. Taking iron supplements. Sleeping problem. Taking ativan. Any alternative?

Hi, i have an iron deficiency and since it happened i have experience anxiety and i guess what you call panic attacks ( heart palpitations). I found out i had the iron deficiency as a result of the heart palpitations that started all of a sudden. I been taken iron supplements for almost 7 weeks now and my iron has raised considerably however i am still experiencing some anxiety and I can t sleep at night. My doctor gave me ativan however i don t want to get addicted to it. She seems to think once my iron levels are back to normal the anxiety will go away but what do i do in the mean time. I have been using the ativan at night to help me sleep for about 4 weeks now. i take .5 to 1mg at night. I have tried some natuarl sleep aids but they haven t worked. I can t function without sleep and I my fear is getting addicted to the ativan. is there anything out there i can take to help me sleep that isn t highly addictive. I am not a constant worrier. I have read about anxiety and i don t have the fears that people with anxiety seem to have. the only thing i could relate to is bein a procrastinator and thats not with everything. I might procrastinate when it comes tax time. Do you have any answers
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013