Anxiety and depression after knee surgery. What is the treatment?

Hello Doctor, My father just had a knee surgery and 2 months after the surgery he started worrying immensely about his health. His anxiety was so bad that he went into depression . He started worrying abut everything like diabetes , body pain etc that was purely psychological. He started worrying about death etc as well. He was a very very happy person but he turned into someone who would talk about nothing but his health. So we went to the doctor today who prescribed Olimelt 2.5mg. He said that the effects would kick in after 5 days and that he would be normal after 2 weeks. I would appreciate any feedback/advise from you doctor.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013