Another medication to replace lopressor with equal benefit? Have a-fib, hypertension, had 2 strokes

I have a- fib and hypertension plus I ve had 2 strokes. One in 1999 and the other In 2000 I m presently taking 300mg of pradaxa 30mg of Lipitor , 150 of Lepressor and 25 mg of Hydrochloride. This combination work for me. I recently learned that the manufacture will no longer make Lopressor until sep. 2014. I ve tried it generic Metropolol and it causes uncomfortable symptoms in the heart area. I like to be proactive in my treatment and would like to discuss another option to replace the Lopressor one with equal benefit, what do you suggest. Your suggestion will be greatly appreciate. Thank you, Yvonne
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012