Ankylosing spondylosis on sacro-illiac joint, have pricking pain on lower back causing difficulty in walking. Cause and treatment?

Hi. I have been recently diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis in the left sacro-illiac joint . I have a pricking pain arising alternatively on the left and right lower back that remains for a few weeks. When the pain subsides on one side, it begins in the other. This makes it very tough for me to walk or move my leg freely. Could you please help me understand what it could be and how to treat it?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012