Ankle twisted post fall, X-ray clear, severe bruising and swelling on entire foot upto to Achilles heel, using ice. Suggestion?

I fell down the stairs 7 days ago. I twisted my ankle, got X-rays and saw a doctor. I was told there was no break. But the bruising and swelling has worsened considerably, especially the entire foot and all the way up the back of my Achilles heel. I ve iced and elevated everyday, but I have been walking on it. It s now very warm to the touch and very painful to walk on. Should I return to the doctor? Or keep up the ice treatment?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012