Ankle swelling, loss of appetite, dementia. Symptoms of heart failure?

I am very concerned about My 89 year old Mother whose ankles and stomach are very swollen. She drinks next to nothing, despite it being suggested to her that she should drink more, added to which her appetite is very poor. She does appear breathless at times, but that is not too apparent as she does very little. The biggest issue is that she has dementia and is in denial that there is a problem. She is cared for by her husband. Would you be able to confirm that she may be in Heart Failure .
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012