Ankle stiffness, pain in foot, ligament tear after ankle twisting. Normal?

morning. i twisted my ankle on a stair case 2 and a half weeks ago. i visited the doctor and she said i had torn a ligament (grade 2, does not need operating). Walking is no longer as painful but i cannot seem to move foot around without pain and stiffness in my ankle. it also hurts if this foot is placed in water or has anything placed on it that is either warm or cold. should i see a doctor again? Is this normal in the healing process?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012