Ankle sprained, swelling. MRI shows talar, sub talar synovial effusions. How to treat it?

Hi sir ,I am a footballer. I ve got a lateral ankle sprain while playing football with partially torn anterior talofibular ligament . My doctor advised me some physio which I have been doing and I didnt rest my ankle properly , at times I returned to game prematurely and again It would swell up . Now after 3 months he advised an MRI , in which talar and sub talar synovial effusions are found and persists . What shall I do ??
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013