Ankle sprain, unable to put weight on it, cant move toes, swelling, bruises in heel, mid calf. Treatment?

Hello, I fell on my left ankle about three days ago and went to the ER they said it was sprained and I should be on crutches and follow up with an orthopedic surgeon. I have an appt thursday, but I still can put no weight on it...I can barely move my toes. Its swollen and is bruised from the top of my foot to the interior and anterior sides, my heel and all the way up to mid calf . Now, its cold for no reason. Is it worse than a sprain and what do I need to do?
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012