Ankle sprain, swollen foot, blotchy and itchy red rash on ankle. Heat rash or due to sprain?

So about a week ago I sprained my ankle and there were no x-rays done but I was just told it was a really bad sprain and I have had to be outside a lot for marching band to watch them practice ( I have just been sitting on the sidelines trying to be out of the shade but once I m sitting I cant move without having someone help me on my crutches so my foot is probably in the sun more than it should be)and I have to wear a sock with my air-cast so that i don t get cuts on my ankle because that already happened and the only socks that fit over the swelled foot and are high enough for the air-cast are knee highs and are really thick so now I have a huge itchy blotchy red rash on my ankle so I wasn t sure if that was heat rash or because its worse than a sprain or something else.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012