Ankle sprain, swelling, bruising. Applied ice. Trouble healing?

Hi, I sprained my ankle last Sunday, I got an xray and the doctor told me it wasnt broken and that it was most likely a high ankle sprain. it has now been over a week and the swelling is still there. as well as bruising on my whole foot and even down to the toes. about 3-4 days after I got a water blister on my ankle and when I massaged the area it popped. now it has gone dark red/brown and has made the area around it very sore and sensitive. Is it going to be a problem for the healing process. I still ice and compress my ankle 2-3 times a time and keep it elevated when i can,
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013