Ankle sprain, experiencing nausea, sweating, radiating pain towards knee, hip, outer calf muscles, swelling. Is this normal?

I turned my ankle on the outside, mild sprain , immediately got sweaty, nauseated and needed help to walk. Had pain radiate up my outer leg, at first to my knee , then to my hip. It would fade then come back. Then the pain was mainly in the ankle but radiating into my outer calf . Very slight swelling . After 3 hours of sleep, I awoke to hardly any pain, but swelling. Is this normal? I m 60 year old woman 5 4 , 160 lbs.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012