Ankle sprain. Wearing elastic brace. Pain in thigh, hip, lower back. Nausea, swelling, discoloration

I was in slightly higher than normal heels and a flattened cardboard box slipped on another when I walked on them causing me to twist my ankle inwards. I have sprained my ankle many times during my lifetime so think it did not heal perfectly when I first did it as a child. I'm 62, female and this happened 5 1/2 weeks ago. I have worn an elastic brace for 4 weeks and last week bought one with metal reinforcements on the sides so have worn it 1 1/2 weeks. I take it off only at night. I elevate my foot when sitting most of the time although not above my heart. I have pain almost all of the time I move it or bear weight on the foot. Now in addition to my outer foot and ankle I have pain in the back of my thigh, hip and lower back. I think I have full range of motion in my ankle and I can bear weight so think I didn't break a bone. I did not feel that tearing feeling when this first occured as I have in the past--just pain and swelling and discoloration this time. I am also nauseated. Advice?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013