Ankle pain, inflammatory pain from buttock to ankle, numbness in right leg. Was regular walker. Treatment?

i was a morning walker and used to walk around seven km per day and was doing moderate weight lifting and squatting also.i have started with ankle pain in right leg, two months back and now i feel pin and needle sensation in my right leg with inflammatory pain starting from buttock going down to ankle . Further , after taking few steps (around 50 mts. ) i feel numbness in my right leg and as like my knee is becoming jammed and stiff and unable to take weight. can you advise me about type of pain and required treatment. the doctor i am consulting right now is saying it is a sciatic nerve pain
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013