Ankle joint felt like it was slipping when I walked, it swollen & painful

ankle joint felt like it was slipping when I walked, and swollen and painful

I went to a podiatrist nearly 2 months ago because my ankle joint felt like it was slipping when I walked, and swollen and painful. He did x-rays but only told me I had too much range of motion. He wanted me to wear a CAM walker, but I declined, knowing because I could take it off I would. So, now 2 months later, I still have the pain, swelling, and slipping feeling. Sometimes I even have sharp shooting pains. I plan on going to see an orthopedic doctor soon, any idea what this is and how he'll treat it???

Asked On : Thu, 31 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

Using the Walker is the key. As it eases the stress on your joint and makes you walk correctly.