Ankle injury, x-ray shows no breakage. Pain in shin, knee and calf. Normal?

I fell at the gym on sunday and injured my ankle, i have been to have it xrayed- it s not broken and i have been resting it, keeping it elevated and doing exercises given by my doctor. i also applied ice to the area for the first 72 hours and have taken pain killers. Now that i am starting to be able to put pressure on that foot and walk with out a stick, i have noticed my shin especially hurts/aches and so does my knee and calf . is this normal, or did i injure more than my ankle in the fall?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
The pain in the shin and calf may be due to a disuse and a decrease in the circulation. You can do a few leg exercises to improve the circulation in the area and if the pain s persistent then consider consulting an orthopedician for an examination.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal