Ankle injury. X-ray shows bone bruise. Have swelling, no pain. What should I do?

Hi Doc, about 3 weeks ago I was playing hockey and got hit with a shot on my left ankle (inside part of the ankle) the pain was quite intense but nothing I haven t felt before. Swelling did not start right away but I was favouring it quite a bit. About a week and a half later - it didn t feel much better so I thought I should get an X-ray - I did - 6 shots and they found no fracture but they called it a deep tissue / bone bruise . Swelling has now started in the area and it feels like a bone. The pain has gone away now - there was pain going down into my foot and that has improved but the area is still quite swollen. I went to a massage therapist and he worked on the swelling and was able to break it up - a week later it was back. Not sure what I should do.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013