Ankle injured. Loud crack heard, swelling, pain, movement restricted. How to get relief?

hello. i was playing rugby a couple of days ago and went over on my ankle with all my weight quite badly. i heard a very loud pop/crack. it was extremely painful and i instantly thought i had broken it. after a few mins i was able to limp along, but had to keep all weight off it where possible. it swelled up like an egg and was very uncomfortable. i have been taking ibuprofen ever since, but it is still badly swollen. it is still sensitive and hurts but not as bad, and i am able to walk on it even though it is a bit forced. movement is restricted. any advice?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012