Ankle in pain and itchy. What can help the swelling? Why the headaches?

hi i got bitten on my left ankle on friday morning that only itched a little until sat morning at work when it really started to swell and itch. i saw a doctor yesterday that prescribed 500mg antibiotics 4 times a day . today though it is more swollen and red. the swelling is my whole foot and ankle that is twice the size of the other foot. i am feeling a bit achy and have had a terrible headache all day with ringing in my ears , can you advise please. also my friend seems to think it looks like a horse fly bite.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
The antibiotic you are taking is not helping in controlling the localized infection. The fact that you are getting headache signifies the systemic spread of infection.
The need now is to change antibiotic and some anti-edema measures.
It may be horse fly bite. Please consult your local doctor for help.