Angiogram and possibley have poss bypass surgery, kindly suggest

My dad had a minor heart attack yesterday morning and has been told on a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 2, he has to go for an Angiogram and possibley have poss bypass surgery , he is only 39 and it is really worrying. It may sound a stupid question but is his life in danger? I am worried sick as is all the familly. Thanks Just want to add, he smokes up to 40 fags a day and smokes a lot of pot, he hardly drinks but just sits around, he s not overweight he has just had a hard time with relationships of late etc.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009