Anal fissure, can stool become hard while taking stool softener?

Can stool become hard while taking a stool softener? I haven t had a bowel movement in a little over 5 days. I started taking softeners after about the second day of not going. Is it possible that my stool will come out hard when I finally pass while taking the softeners? The softener I am taking is Dulcolax, 3 pills per day I took it. I have an anal fissure that I don t want to injure, and am worried of not being able to go while having the fissure.
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012