Amputated limb swollen and painful after being hit by a car door. What should we do ?

Hi Doc. My father s right leg got amputated 3yrs ago above the knee and does not have prosthetics . He is in Africa and can t afford a prosthetic leg. I just got an emergency message right now that someone mistakenly hit him trying to open a car door and his amputated limb is now swollen and painful. They have rushed him to the hospital. Am far sway from home and worried sick. Is my dad going to heal from this trauma and what should we do. Please tell me Doc am so wirr
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013