Ammoniated loose stools, bouts on nausea, intestinal discomfort. History of mild erosive esophagitis, Lyme's disease. Reason?

Hello I have been having ammoniated loose stools with bouts of nausea, and intestinal discomfort. I had been dx with mild erosive esophagitis approx 2 years ago. I have been non compliant in taking my antacids. Howver approximately 3 week ago I had a strong acid refux burn in upper gi, accompanied with intestinal discomfort and loose foul ammoniated smelling stools. I have not been on atbs for greater than 2 months. I had been on antibiotics in the past for tx of lyme disease interchanging between amoxicillin, azithromycin, and doxycycline. I have had this in the past and has been successfully treated with ciproflaxin...however this time I have not been on antibiotics, only resveratrol and tumeric. So I am wondering what could be causing these ammoniated loose stools. I have discontinued resveratrol and tumeric for now and am only taking a probiotic and prilosec 20mg for the past week. Reflux has since subsided, intestinal discomfort has subsided somewhat, but I am still have loose ammoniated stools. My blood wbc count is 12,000 and is the only abnormal blood count at this time... liver function, kidney function, wnl
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  36 Awaiting Answer