Amelton tumor, post operation AFP level 103 ng/ml, level still abnormal ?

Dear Doctor My baby (female) is now 4 months old. When she was 12 days, an operation of amelton tumar has been done. Before operation her AFP level was 0000 ng/ml but after successful operation of after 4 month her AFP level is 103 ng/ml. Can you assure me she is reaching normal AFP level and this reduction is the good indication . I am afraid till the AFP level is abnormal, Please suggest me. Her weight is growing. During birth she was 3 kg and now she is 5.5 Kg.
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

I think there is a typing error in the first value (0000 ng/ml).

In any case, the reduction to 103 ng/ml is a good one.

More importantly, her weight is growing, and that is a very good sign.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad