Amalong prescribed for hypertension. Suffer from headaches. Is it safe to stop the medication?

I had been having headaches about 2 months ago and after 3-4 days, i went to a physician. He checked my BP once and it was 150/90 and he immediately prescribed amalong 5mg 1-0-0.5. I took them for about 3 weeks and in the meanwhile started some physical activity. I again went to him and the BP was normal: 125/85, but he continued. I checked with a few and they suggested that amalong was not necessary as the BP was not monitored over some period before the medication started. I subsequently stopped it, and then monitored BP and it was well within 130/87 almost every time. Pl suggest if i need to visit a physician/ cardiologist and any harm in stopping amalong
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013