Am type 2 diabetic, losing weight, liver function abnormal, high GPT. Due to losing weight?

I am a type two diabetic on insulin . I have been purposefully slowly losing weight. Now my Endroc. Doctor tested my liver funtion and it was abnormal it was GOt 43 and GPT of 66. Is it due to losing weight? I do not have a gall bladder and only have one kidney. The diet I am on is two High Protein drinks based on Whey protein 30 grams of protein with vitamins approved by the diet person in the clinic and then I eat a nice very healthy salad of all kinds of veggies with vinegar and two teaspoons of olive oil dressing. I also have some sort of berry or apple for snack as well as 5 oz of V8 and maybe a very small handful of pinenuts, almonds, or walnuts as snacks. what am I doing wrong?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012