Am pregnant, chaffing, taking Valtrex for herpes. What should I do?

I am 34 weeks pregnant and am worried because I think that the symptoms I have now are chaffing, but I m not sure what to do for it. It is in the skin in my private area, not the vaginal area. I do have dx of herpes type I and II and am on Valtrex ongoing for that...have taken 4 days worth (1000 mg twice daily for 3 days, now 500 mg twice daily from here through the end of pregnancy). The doctor did not observe any lesions at the time of my appointment last Thursday, but we were being cautious. I think the issue at this point has to do with leaking of urine staying caught up in hair there...since dx of herpes (first time during pregnancy about 6-7 wks ago) I ve been afraid to shave the hair there and it had gotten quite long and I think it was trapping urine. What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  28 Awaiting Answer