Am pregnant. Why is the father of my child no longer interested in sex?

Hi, my name is Lauryn. I am 28 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend (father of the baby) does not want to have sex anymore. And in fact he hasn t wanted to really almost the entire pregnancy thus far. He tends to already have a low sex drive, due to prescription pain killers he takes for a serious back problem. But when I ask him why he isn t interested anymore, I get a different response every time. Such as I m afraid it will hurt the baby even though he knows very well that that isn t the case. He also says that s its just not that fun anymore . On the exact opposite spectrum, I feel like every other man in my life is extra attracted to me. I can t understand why the father of my child is no longer attracted to me, whilst others are so much more. Is there anything I can do to help, or get him to be more interested?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Hello. Welcome to hcm.
The symptoms which your boyfriend is facing occurs in males commonly. If the pregnancy was unplanned,then men tend to get disturbed by the amount of responsibility that comes with it and tend to go under lot of stress which is similar to women who get pregnant and tend to get stressed about pregnancy.
In men,it can be variety of symptoms including low sex drive. You need to have a talk with him about what is bothering him showing him that you are genuinely worried. If he is not interested,then both of you visiting a sex health psychologist will help in understanding the cause of his behaviour.
All the best