Am postmenopausal. Vaginal ultrasound shows ovarian lesion. Do I have to see doctor?

I am a postmenopausal 72 year old woman that just had an ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound because I have a 7.1 cm hypodense lesion on my right ovary that I think turned out to be a cyst. I was sent by my internest because it was found on a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis . Do I have to see a gyn because of this or can I just leave it the way it is. When the radiologist was doing the Vaginal ultrasound and looking at my left ovary she asked me when my last period was. I said 15 years ago. I don t what she saw to ask that question. My main question is do I have to see a gyn for this? Thank you and I will be waiting for your reply.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012