Am i taking the proper medication for allergy in pregnancy ?

I am pregnant :please provide some information regarding with the medicines Hi, Yesterday I just came to know through pregnancy test that I am pregnant. I would be greatful if you could please provide some information regarding with the medicines which iam having form Alergy, which are Deriphyllin and Telekast-L. Now I have cough (continuously). so please tell me some instructions in this regard.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Dec 2010
Homeopath 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The medicines you are taking are for allergy ;cough & breathlessness.Since you are pregnant if these medicines are not to be continued for long say if you are going to take it for 1 week or so then its fine but still better to consult a Gynaec.As far as the drugs are concerned :-
Deriphyllin does cross placental barrier so it can be used only when it is necessary & cannot be substituted.
As for Telecast-L it has 2 drugs together Montelukast which is again like deriphyllin & has to be used with caution & only if required.The other part is L for Levocetrizine ;it is a antihistaminic it sometimes causes sedation but can be used in pregnancy also.
The best thing is to consult the treating doctor & tell him about pregnancy he will advise regarding how long to be taken ;also better follow it up with your Gynaecologist.