Am i still a virgin?

hi i am 21 year old and i havn't had sex before but last time i was with my boyfriend and he try a lil bit and i stoped him he didn't go all the way it was just a lil bit so, does it mean i am not a virgin no more?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jan 2010

Rupturing of hymen is not a complete  base for testing the virginity.. Its was actually practiced long back especially By indians. The very next day after marriage the motherinlaw checks the couples bed for Blood stains to make sure that the girl was a virgin. But sex is not the only way or rupturing of Hymen.... Cycling, Jumping, hard Running ect may also result in the rupturing of hymen. u mite remember ur Grandma stopping u from runnin, jumbing ect after u got matured (if u r from a village). A virgin is a woman who has never had sexual intercourse or virginity is the state of being a virgin. It is derived from the latin word virgo, which means "sexually inexperienced woman" The act of losing virginity, that is having  first sexual experience for the first time. then this virginity factor is all related to trust, religion nd culture. Now i hope u urself can judge whether u r a virgin. 

I agree with you Eben. This time you spelled that out nicely.

Anonymous's Response

We cannot say..there is something as hymen that is ruptured when we have first time sex, thats what my mom told me.., if your got broken, then you are not a vigin anymore...but then i am still confused with what my mother says, and my cousin after marriage said that there was no break or bleeding on her first night..and she has never had sex with anyone,,she swears on it be possible to break without having sex, or is she lying???

Anonymous's Response

I would say no your not a virgin. It is true that after sex for the first time your Hymen is ruptured but some girls bleed and others don't. I think that even the slightest little bit in is in...cause you can get prego even with a lil bit in if he ejactulates.