Am diabetic. Prescribed Glycomet. After making lifestyle changes, feel weak, get palpitations. Due to low blood sugar?

doctor am 39 years old and overweight ( 96 kgs , 5 ft 7 inches hgt male) - i got report of after fasting blood sugar of 228 and HBIAC was 6.9 so the GP concluded i was diabetic. i urinate middle of night but dont feel thirsty. i have pain in the left chest region which doctor diagnized as reflux ( i get compressed feeling as if my chest is being pushed) & the undigested food matter used to come back - till i burp. doc advised to take glycomet SR 1000 gm once at nite . then after one week checked & blood sugar post prandial was 69. HBIAC was 6.8 still. i have now made lifestyle changes like 1 hour walk daily, no sugar at all, no sugary high fat fruits , eating methi in the morning, oats preferred more etc. my query is how to confirm if i am diabetic or not. sometimes i get very tired and get palpitations - as if the sugar has gone low. BP is fine. sleep slight problem asked to use CPAP. The doc now advised to change to 500 gm Glycomet SR . I dont feel energetic at all and anxiety does not allow me to sleep. please advise next action , thanks
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013