Am addicted to solpadeine. Will pure codeine work the same way?

ihi my name is Stephen. i live in Glasgow in Britain. i have been addicted to solpadeine plus pretty much my whole life. these contain paracetamol 500mg and caffiene and codeine 8mg. the problem is i am worried about the damage the paracetamol is doing to my kidneys as i get pain after taking them. i want to take just pure codeine without the paracetamol. as this is illegal in Britain i am thinking of importing. would taking pure codeine work in the same way and avoid damaging me in the way the combination tablets do? the tablets i take just now are soluble and dissolve in water. if i take pure codeine cough syrup will it work in the same way? thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013