Am I suffering from endometriosis and will it affect my chances to conceive ?

I m 20 years old. For the past 8 months i have had a sharp stabbing pain in my abdomen whenever i have sex. Recently (in the past two months) It occurs when i sit up, lift heavy objects, etc. I have seen an OB/GYN and got an ultrasound where they discovered cysts all along the inside endometrial tissue and an additional cyst on my right ovary. I was put on antibiotics for a month and have 0 STDS and have a normal pap smear . However they referred me to a general surgeon who issued a CT scan . There were no hernias etc. It was a normal CT scan. They are recommending a laparoscopy to diagnose the problem....what are the possibilities for diagnosis before i decide to have surgery? Could it be endometriosis? could i still get pregnant with endometriosis when the times comes?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Sep 2011