Am I in danger with a BP of 129 ?

Am I in danger with a blood pressure of 129/? I m a 20 year old male. 6 3 240lbs. Is that to bad? whats normal?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
I agree with the other users that the diastolic pressure is important. In medical practice these days, strict normal is 130/85 or lower, although hypertension (high blood pressure) is defined when the pressure is 140/90 or higher (either number, not both). The in-between range is sometimes termed pre-hypertensive. Essentially, if your pressure is <130/85, then it's OK, assuming you don't have other health conditions like diabetes or kidney disease. One important thing is that the pressure should be a regular reproducible pressure, not a once off reading.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Nothing to worry,your blood pressure is quite normal.
Do regular exercise.
Avoid fried and junk food.
Ok and bye.