Am I experiencing periods or early signs of pregnancy ? How can I confirm pregnancy ?

Me and the love of my life decided we wanted to have a baby so... We had unprotected sex really early in the morning on the 25th of this month(July) and then I started my period really late on the 26th. At first the bleeding was pretty heavy which is normal for me but now it is not so heavy, it just keeps getting lighter and it is now well technically really early on the 28th. I was pretty sure I wasnt supposed to start my period for like another week though. Could I still get/be pregnant?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jul 2011

It's very rare to conceive 1 wk prior to expected date of periods Provided the periods are regular.If it was 1st time that you had sex, the bleeding is due to rupture of hymen.