Am 5 months pregnant. How can I tell if baby is fluttering?

hello, my name is Tania.I am a new mom to be,im very excited and scared lol,the question i have for you is im not sure if my baby is fluttering or what?im not even sure what it feels like,how can i tell what a flutter is, or if it is gas im five months today yeah for me,lol please help me ps i dont know if im having a boy or girl yet baby is being shy.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Baby movements are felt from the 16 th to 25th week of pregnancy, first time mothers may feel them closer to the 25th week. It can be difficult, especially for a first time mom , to figure out if the sensations felt are the baby's movements.

They are felt like a twitching or fluttering sensation, though persons may experience them differently.As the pregnancy progresses they are more easily felt.

I hope this helps