Alzheimer's, recently suffered a stroke, episode of unconsciousness. What care should be taken?

My mom has alzheimer , and had a minor stroke recently coz of a fall at home (3 mths ago) as she told me the left leg was strengthless, and had hospitalized for 2 weeks, no bone injury, but the brain. Since then, her mind & the body suffers a lot, and suffers more.. the doctor had prescribed the pill ( 5mg ) Aricept - Donepezil HCl is it helpful coz some doctors comment it s not effective & even worse. Another question, today I have to take care of her at home, she was fallen unconsciously this morning from her breakfast chair, I was trying to rush in and hold her head & neck but was too heavy, the head had a little knock on the floor, do you think her brain would be damaged again? Pls kindly adv. Many thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012