Alzheimer's disease, taking Dicorate. Can it be taken life long?

My father ,he is 74 years is suffering from severe alzhiemers disease , since 3 years he is started getting agitated and wandering around. First the doctor treated him with haldol . Now he changed the medicine with Dicorate -er 500 mg . Does this medicine continue for life long. When I was referring about this mecine it says it s for bipolar . Does we have some other medicine to calm him down and avoid wandering . I appreciate for your answer
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012