Altered menstruation. Pregnancy chances? Faint positive on the pregnancy test

Hi, I was two weeks late for my period, however it arrived on the 15th day Monday 31st Dec. It was a lot lighter than usual, started pink/ orange color. By the next day it was a very light red. But on the the 3rd day it was a very dark almost brown. Now today it was almost as if it didn t exist. There was a possibility i could of been pregnant but decided this was not the case when i tested negative 28th Dec and had my period on Monday. But because unusual period i took a test today, in fact three. And all had a faint positive. How is this possible?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013