Allergy to eye dilator, swelling, severe irritation, Pataday eye drop, omnicortil 40. Is it OK to stop tablet and continue with drops?

Hi I had an allergy after an eye test where an eye dilator was used.I had swelling ,severe irritation around the eyes. The allergy continued over 3 days and showed no signs of relief . I went back to the eye specialist and he prescribed Pataday eye drops and one omnicortil 40 orally per day for 5 days. In 24 hours this manifested in immediate relief and the signs described earlier have waned considerably.I have taken 2 tablets of omnicortil 40, I read about the side effects of omnicortil 40 and am worried . Now that I am much better can I stop omnicortil 40 and just continue the other eyedrops? Ashok
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012