Allergy history, developed red itchy painful eyes that clump together when sleeping, nausea. Can allergy to dog dander cause this ?

I am a 48 year old female with allergies to seafood, shellfish, and certain pollens. I have never before had allergic symptoms to a dog however after adopting one last week I have been suffering with several symptoms including red itchy painful eyes that clump together when sleeping, a sore throat , tightness in my chest , and constant nausea that is making it almost impossible for me to eat. Is it possible to have not known that I am allergic to dog dander? Or could it be the specific breed of dog that is the issue (she is a lab). Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013