Allergy. Running nose, draining down the throat, cough and headache. Down causes distress?

My husband and I are renting an apartment in San Francisco for 2 weeks and I have a severe allergy to down. We were told there was no down in the apartment, but found almost all of the pillows were down and we moved them to a nearby laundry room about 10 feet from my bed. Within one day I developed a running nose, draining down the throat, and now am coughing and have a headache. There may be 2 down pillows in a closet in my bedroom. Could this all be down related? Or could this be that I have caught a cold? There has also been wind in SF and perhaps that has affected my allergies as well. Can a down allergy cause this much distress? I have Nasacrot with me and use this once a day, and started a Z-pak three days ago. I have Albuterol with me but have not used it yet. Each day we are walking and climbing up hill as our apartment is on Nob Hill. Thanks, Janet
YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,
After going through the available details,it seems that you have developed allergy to something it may be from pillow?

If you are already suffering from allergy and bronchial asthma as you have pointed out you may need bronchodilator(Albuterol).

In such condition simultaneously viral infection can also occur and makes respiratory tree moe hypersensitive.

In such condition anti allergy drugs like Cetirizine/Fexofenadine are of help and if you have asthma then albuterol inhalation may be required.

You should consult a Physician and then it can be treated accordingly.
Avoid exposure to allergens like dust/Pollens.

Steam inhalation may be of great help.
Hope this information helps you.

Good Luck.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.