Allergic to super glue. Redness, blisters on chin, jawline, nail bed. Suggest hypo-allergenic nail glue?

Around the time i turned 30 I developed an allergy to super glue. It starts out way underneath the nailbed when I do my nails , but also presents on my chin and jawline as itchy, red, and feels like my skin is stretching too far. Is there a truly hypoallergenic nail glue out there? If I don t get the nails off really fast, the fingers swell , get TONS of tiny blisters, and crack and bleed eventually
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM
Appearance of small blisters on nail bed, chin and jawline after applying nail glue indicates allergy to the chemical present in the nail glue.
The management for allergies of this kind is to completely avoid the substance which is causing the allergy.
A group of drugs known as 'anti-histaminics' help in preventing and clearing the allergic reaction. Corticosteroids may also be used under the guidance of your doctor.
Clearing away the allergic reaction is easy to treat.
However, prevention of the reaction can be achieved by using the nail glue under the cover of the drugs but under supervision of a doctor.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal