Allergic to dust, sinus problem, frequent sneezing. What s the cause and remedy?

I am normally a moderate allergy sufferer. Mostly during the spring with slight allergies to cat dander and dust the rest of the year. Nothing serious , I even own two cats. Whenever I cry and inevitably have to blow my nose as a result , it causes me to have sinus problems for at least a day afterward. It feels like something is in my nostril causing me to sneeze. Similar to getting pepper or something in my nasal cavity . Over the counter allergy medicine does little to help. My question is why does this happen and how can I quickly stop it when it does happen ?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013