Allergic reaction to poison ivy, UTI, painful urination, smelly. Possible causes ?

I recently went hiking with my boyfriend and we developed an allergic reaction to poison ivy after a few days. After having intercourse I began developing symptoms of a urinary tract infection - painful urination , frequently needing to urinate, odorous urine - the same feelings I associate with having a UTI having had one before. I wanted to know if it is possible that I developed a UTI from intercourse while we were both reacting heavily to the poison ivy.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012