Allergic reaction to eating melon. Have itchy hands and nasal congestion. Help

hi - I have just returned from france where i had to seek urgent medical attention for an allergic reaction to eating melon. My throat swelled up quite severely, as did my right eye along with nasal congestion and itchy hands. They prescribed me a course of solupred - 6 tablets a day for the first 3 days, 3 tablets a day for the next 3 days followed by 2 for the last day. I looked it up online when I got home and it said it was used in the treatment of strokes and the dosage seems quite high? all of the swelling has gone now. I am inclined to discontinue the course (it only happened yesterday) as it seems a strong dose to be taking? I would appreciate any advice. thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012