Allergic cough, severe cold. X-ray suggested with Eofil forte and montus. Is the medication right?

hi i have a allergic cough which starts generally after i got a severe cold and it lasts almost nearly 2 months . This is the routine for me as i get a sputam in the morning after noon i wont get anything and in the night i wont feel like i dont have cough .Please suggest me why it is allergic happening with me even though i dont have any bad habits .recently i went to a doctor and he told me we have to go for xray and sputam check but i asked him to give medicine and he suggested me below one everyday night .Eofil-forte and L.Montus .I have taken thse in the night for 2days .Please let me know is this enough to cure my cough which comes everyday in the morning for the last 2 months .
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013