All kids suffering with barking cough, lips with purplish hue in the middle. Cause?

My kids are sick with a bad cold , my one child (15 months) has been sick for over 3 months and the doctor just prescribed him two puffers because he was having difficulty with his breathing and thinks he might have reactive asthma . He was coughing (barking) and has very raspy breathing. My daughter (6 years) currently also has a barking cough and isn t feeling well. I noticed my youngest sons top lip had a purpleish hue in the middle and looked a little swollen while we were giving him his puffer and figured he must have bumped his mouth today. However when I went to tuck my daughter into bed I noticed that her upper lip is bluish purple and very swollen....
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012