All joints in pain. Had hands and neck inflammation. Is it arthritis?

I went to a rheumatologist because I was waking up with stiff neck and joint pain in my hands and wrist for seven weeks in a row. At the exam she told me that I had inflammation in my hands, around the knucles and wrist, she had suspected rheumatoid arthitius.They took five xrays of my neck, four of my spine, and for on each hand as well as 6 vials of blood. I haven t had the follow up visit, but the nurse called today and said that the blood all came back normal and there were no fractures in the hands, but there was a widening of my neck and the doctor will probably be talking to me about an MRI. If it isn t arthitus, then what is another explanination for the pain and what does a widenning of the neck ?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012